BookingSync is actively looking for a remotely-based customer care specialist to join our support team. In order to help us cover time zones in the Americas, the candidate will preferably be located in Canada, the U.S., Latin America or the Caribbean. The customer care specialist will be primarily responsible for responding to and solving customer support inquiries, providing demos of BookingSync, and on boarding new customers. We are looking for someone with the right mix of compassion, writing skills, and technical knowledge to get the job done. BookingSync is a distributed startup at the center of a constantly evolving vacation rental industry. As a company we hold a strong commitment to charity: a share of our profits will go to charitable works with humanitarian, social and ecological aims.
- Help people use BookingSync and respond to inquiries in a timely, professional, friendly manner
- Identify customer needs, troubleshoot and investigate problems, prioritize and escalate support tickets
- Provide demos of BookingSync, develop client relationships and cultivate pre-sales pipeline
- Build a community of support by sharing knowledge and insight amongst team members
- Improve internal efficiency by proactively identifying opportunities to optimize processes and tools
- Collaborate with our team members across the globe
- Fluent in written and verbal English and French—must be able to clearly and professionally communicate with customers and the BookingSync team. If you know additional languages, be sure to tell us!
- Working knowledge of website management, basic programming skills (HTML, CSS)
- Generally digitally-savvy: comfortable with Skype (chat, audio, screen sharing), emails, Slack, etc.
- High attention to detail with a personalized touch
- Ability to work independently from home with minimal direction and as part of a team
- Must handle confidential information in a professional manner
- Willing to work in a company aiming to help bigger causes—humanitarian, social and ecological projects
- Knowledge of the vacation rental, travel or tourism industries; desire to improve the vacation rental industry
- Taste for adventure, entrepreneurship, curiosity, and strong motivation for this kind of activity
- Preferably based out of the Americas to cover corresponding time zones
Sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to email@example.com telling us about yourself and attach a résumé. Want to increase your chances of standing out? If so, please address the following points in your email:
- What books have you read about customer service? What did you think of them?
- What online support communities have you contributed to? Link us to your profile there.
- Have you been part of an amazing customer support experience? Tell us what made it memorable.
- Tell us about an accomplishment in your life, personal or professional, that you’re proud of.